Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Professor on Leisure


The Professor has finally given me my own access to the blog, so I can post on his behalf under my own identity. He says it's because he doesn't like typing in the third person; but he didn't have to give me a unique ID for that. I think it's because he can't be bothered updating as frequently as he wants to (too much work, the thesis you know), but he doesn't want people thinking that my posts are his. What with my intelligence being on a much lower level than his.

On a quirky note, today's topic is leisure time, of which the Prof has little enough. What little he has is spent napping, chasing his tail, bathing eighteen hundred times a day, eating, climbing up the curtains (sorry, "subduing" the curtains), and constantly hovering when I'm at the computer (he's always got to know what I'm doing, and he tries to correct my typing--I hate that!--by simply walking on the correct keys).

He takes his "free" time seriously, and if there's sunshine to be had he'll postpone everything else in his life in order to take advantage of it. Please note in the photo to the right, the newly re-hung stripey curtains, hey? Cotton duck, washable and not prone to holding the Professor's shed fur (I will say nothing remotely similar about the crappy broadloom carpet beneath him).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a wonder how the professor finds time to do anything at all, let alone enjoy leisure time. ;-)